Tuesday, May 15, 2012


I am very excited about this study abroad program! Actually, this was the only thing getting me through school this semester. The wait is over and in just a few hours I will begin my travel. I will spend three days in Madrid before the program starts, and I can’t wait to experience their culture. I have been talking to my friends, who have been to Spain before, and they told me about all the things I should do in Spain while I’m there. All the buildings I’ll get to see, and the food I’ll eat. I won’t be surprised if there is a substantial increase in my weight by the time I come back. I must say, I am also very nervous. I can’t quite converse with people in Spanish, so I’m afraid that I won’t be able to ask for help when I need to. However, people do tell me that many people in Madrid will speak English, and they are very nice and helpful. Also, I can’t rule out the pick-pockets from my worry list. I can’t imagine what I’ll do if I lose my wallet or other important items. Hopefully, I will be cautious enough to stay out of harm and enjoy this wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment